Thursday, June 17, 2010

This I Believe

I can imagine the day she wore her "magical shirt". It was a bright, nice, yellow, red, orange, pink and white shirt. Her squinty eyes overflowed with tears of joy from all the laughter. Her curly dark brown hair was in a ponytail moving back and forth, like a swing, as she bent over holding her stomach laughing. I remember all the people looking at her and me as we laughed about nothing. They had weird facial expressions but we didn't really care; we liked laughing and it made us happy. My friend, Illiana, and I are always laughing, we laugh about things that might not be funny to other people and even though some people might think we are weird, we are happy.



Sometimes people ask us, "Are you guys ever sad?" because we seem like we are always happy. I sometimes have hard things going on my life and I know Illiana does too but we try to be happy all the time and make each other happy. By doing this we also make everyone around us laugh. "I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life goes on, and it will be better tomorrow." I used to think Thursdays were my bad days because bad things would always happen to me that day. But one Thursday I decided to stop thinking that they were my bad days and just be happy about anything that happened. That Thursday nothing bad happened to me and it ended up being a really good day. Since that day, no matter what happens to me on a Thursday, I try to be happy and positive about it and now I don't think Thursdays are my bad days anymore. Life is short so why spend it being sad? I once heard a quote that said, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade." This means to make the best of what you are given. I always try not to look at everything as sadness and depressing, I try to make every dark rainy day seem like a bright summer day. Life is like a road, I never know when it might end. Make the best out of life and live life to the fullest. So even though your laugh is not the best laugh in the world, or sounds like a dolphin like mine, try to laugh everyday and your life will be better and longer. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment