Thursday, June 17, 2010

This I Believe Project

Project Description: For this project, we had to write a personal essay of 400-500 words about a personal belief or insight. Also, create a personal silhouette and display our silhouette and essay for the school exhibition. Before that we had to put our essay and silhouette in a frame.

Process: First, we had to make a list of 30 things we believed in. Then, we had to chose one belief out of the 30 and write a personal essay about it. We had to go through many drafts and revisions to get to our final essay. After our essay was done we had to make a silhouette. After we were done with both the silhouette and the essay we had to put them in a frame. Then we had to exhibit it in exhibition night.



Reflection: In this project I learned that we all have different beliefs and that we should respect what everyone believes in and express our beliefs, not because our friends don’t believe in that too doesn’t mean we can’t believe in that. We are all different and believe in different things. One of the challenges I encountered was actually choosing what belief I was going to write a personal essay about. It was hard for me to choose out of 30 things I had in my list. Another challenge I encountered was making my personal 400-500 words because first I had had less than that but later I had much more than 500 so I had to cut some things out to make it 400-500 words. If I could do this project again, I would spend more time and effort on the essay because even though I did spend a lot of time I think I could have made the essay better. I think this will help me later to organize my time better and put more effort in everything I do.


Artifact:














My This I Believe Essay

No comments:

Post a Comment