Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time Travelers Pillar

Project Description: For this part of the project we had to paint in one of the pillars in the 9th grade commons. There are four pillars and one was about art and architecture, the other one about religion and society, another about science and technology, and another about government. Everyone in our team had to paint in the pillar of what they wrote about in their research paper. For example, I had to write about Roman government in my research paper so I had to paint a picture representing the Roman government in the government pillar.


Process: First, I had to look at different pictures about Rome and about things that related to Roman government. Then, I drew out what my picture would look like. Then, I had to get it approve by Charlotte in order to start painting. Then, I started drawing in pencil what everything was going to look like in the square or rectangle we were assigned within our pillar. Then, I painted everything. At last, I wrote my name in the bottom.


Reflection: By painting this pillar I learned how to paint better and be able to show something with pictures or a drawing. For example, I showed Roman government by putting a crown, the word "Republic", an a mad emperor, which all meant that Rome went from a monarchy to a republic and at last was ruled by emperors. One challenge I encountered was trying to find how to represent Roman government because I couldn't think of anyway of representing the Roman government by a painting. If I could paint my pillar again I would spend more time on it because I kind off rushed through it at the end. This will help me later when I have to get stuff done on time and do it well and when I have to manage my time so I don't have to rush through stuff.


Artifact:

No comments:

Post a Comment